Excel/Comparing & transfering a sets of non repeated values

I wish to compare and transfer a set of code values in column A to column D.
But the values in column D cannot be repeated from column A.  
If there is repeated values, only the count values will be transfer to the day it generated.
Once the code values is transfer, the values in column C is transfer to column E.
This process is done in daily basic. every day a new sets of code values will be generated & transfer to column D. The number from column E to H represent day 1, day 2 & so on.
I had create a example here for easy reference.

A       B       C          D          E  F  G  H
1 Code    Desc    Count       Error code  1  2  3  4
2 44      err1     9
3 55      err2     8
4 66      err3     21
5 77      err4     12
6 88      err5     8

Is there any program that can do this job.
Please advise

Hi Steven,

I apologize for my slowness in answering your question. I am uncertain about a number of things in you problem description, and hope you can provide some clarification.

1. You mention repeated values.  Do you mean that code values in column A may be repeated beyond row 6?  You didn't show any example of a repeated value so I am uncertain.  So does the Count value in column C indicate the number of times a code appears in column A (for example there would be a total of 12 instances of 77 in column A)?

2. I think you want just the unique code values transferred from column A to column D.  So there will be far fewer codes (and rows with data) in column D than in column A.  Is this correct?

3. You want the unique error codes transferred from column D to column E, F, G, or H, with E:H representing column D results from different days. Is this correct?  

4. Do you only want four days of data saved, as in your example, or do you want columns added each day to save that day's data along with all previous days?

5. Where do you want the latest day's data saved?  Column E and slide previous days' data to the right?  Or perhaps added in the next available empty column on the right?  

I'm sure I can provide a very simple macro that can do what you want, and will provide it as soon as I have a clear understanding of what you want.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Damon Ostrander

I have extensive experience with VBA programming in Excel 5 through Excel 2013. As a former aerospace engineer with a large aerospace corporation and consultant in a small defense technology services company, I have developed a wide range of applications in VBA, including simulations involving mixed-language programming, satellite orbit mechanics, graphics and animation, and real-time applications. I am interested in moderate to hard VBA-related questions only.

I have developed and taught several courses in Excel VBA programming and also VBA programming in Office 97, 2000, and 2007. I have developed a number of large technical applications in Excel VBA for use within the aerospace industry.

B.S. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of California, Berkeley.