Excel/Converting number to words

Question

Could you kindly assist me on the below.

1.Is there any inbuilt function to convert an amount in numerical
format to amount in words (for ex,1100 to Thousand one hundred only).

2.  Is there any way of making the formulas in a excel worksheet
permanent (formulas get deleted when you delete data)so that they can be used as a template.

Kind Regards,
Ravi

Answer
Question 1--- There is not an easy answer--here is a link to check out to see how it can be done with Visual Basic.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360

Question 2--The simplest way is to create your formulas and then save the sheet as a template.  Each time you need it, call up the template, input your data then save it as a new named sheet, thus preserving the template and its formulas.

Hope this helps
Richard
Florida
USA  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Richard Roberts