Excel/Data validation in EXCEL

Question
Col 1 has four enteries. Col 2 has dropdown for each of the four enteries. Upto this it is working fine. Now in col 3 I want to add further dropdown for the dropdown options of col 2. Please suggest the steps to it

Answer
Simplified answer. If the choices in col 2 are a, b, or c, then you can use this as the data validation rule. Choose List, then for the list enter this formula (which assumes the choices for "a" are in cells I1:I2, for b are in I3:I4, and for c are I5:I6):
=IF(B1="A",$I$1:$I$2,IF(B1="B",$I$3:$I$4,IF(B1="C",$I$5:$I$6)))
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bob Umlas