Excel/EUR Currency format to USD

I have received a .txt file from my Italian colleagues which I have imported into Excel 2010.  The balances are in 20.024,28 format and I need to convert to USD format 20,024.28 (switching the decimals for commas, etc).  How do I do this?  Please help!

You can use the find and replace feature (it should be on your toolbar in the home tab)  to replace all of the decimals with commas.  But remember this doesn't do a conversion to USD for you it merely replaces the decimals as commas.  If the data is stated in EUR then you may want to use a conversion rate to multiply the EUR by, thus completing the conversion to USD.

Hope this helps

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Richard Roberts

Can assist you in most areas of Excel, have been working with it for about 15 years in many types of applications, but primarily in financial and accounting applications. I am a CPA and many client or client problems have necessitated the use of excel. I am not an expert in charting, macros, or pivot tables.

Have been working with Excel for about 20 years primarily in accounting and financial areas.

BA, Certified Public Accountant