Excel/EUR Currency format to USD

Question
I have received a .txt file from my Italian colleagues which I have imported into Excel 2010.  The balances are in 20.024,28 format and I need to convert to USD format 20,024.28 (switching the decimals for commas, etc).  How do I do this?  Please help!

Answer
krystle

You can use the find and replace feature (it should be on your toolbar in the home tab)  to replace all of the decimals with commas.  But remember this doesn't do a conversion to USD for you it merely replaces the decimals as commas.  If the data is stated in EUR then you may want to use a conversion rate to multiply the EUR by, thus completing the conversion to USD.

Hope this helps

Richard
Florida
USA
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Richard Roberts