Excel/Excel drop down for date and time.

Question
Hi Edward,

Actually i want to know how to create drop down cell for entering time and Date.

For example, if i click the drop down cell i have to get current time and date. When ever i click the drop down it should give updated/current time.

If i use now formula for drop down cell it's stick with particular time, it's not giving updated time.

Because it will reduce my working time. That is the reason why i want to create a drop down cell rather than using formula at every time.

Kind Regards
Ravi

Answer
I don't think you are going to be able to do this without VBA, but these keyboard shortcuts MAY be the way to go?

•To insert the current date, press CTRL+; (semi-colon).
•To insert the current time, press CTRL+SHIFT+; (semi-colon).
•To insert the current date and time, press CTRL+; (semi-colon), then press SPACE, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+; (semi-colon).

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage