Excel/Excel formula IF & AND

Question
Gulshan,

I am trying to expand a formula and having no luck

the question is:

If cell A1 is less than one then No Stock,  if A1 is greater then 0, but less than 9 low stock and if A1 is 10 or greater stock.

I can do it for just stock or no stock but can't work out the middle aspect.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help

Alan

Answer
Hi Alan,

Answer: =IF(A1>=10,"Stock",(IF(A1>=1,"Low stock","No Stock")))

Detailed answer:
The logic you have given seems to contradict in some places. I'm assuming you mean --> If stock is less than 1, then "No stock"; if stock is greater than or equal to 1 but less than 10, then "Low stock"; if stock is greater than or equal to 10, then "stock"

If my understanding is correct, then the following formula should resolve your issue:

=IF(A1>=10,"Stock",(IF(A1>=1,"Low stock","No Stock")))

*assuming your stock value is stored in cell A1.

The way I approach this kind of issues is normally have different formulae in individual cells for each of the if conditions, then starting from the greatest value condition as a base, paste the next if formula in the [false] sections of the preceding formula.

Hope this helps.
Gulshan.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI