Excel/Excel seems to be open but doesn't show up

Question
Hi and thanks for your time.
I am running Window Home XP and MS Office 20007.
Up to now I've had no problem with Excel, but all of a sudden it won't open. When I click on any icon or .exe file to open Excel, it shows up on the bottom of the screen as a program that is open, but it doesn't show up on my computer screen.
I've tried Repairing it and it still won't open. I've gone to the program file entry in the root directory and double clicked on the application...same thing: looks like it is open but I can't see it. I've also tried right clicking on the task bar that shows the program and left-clicking both 'maximize' and 'restore': nothing.
I've lost my original installation disks so haven't tried uninstalling and re-installing.
Any suggestions?
Perhaps going into the registry and adding fixing an entry??
Thanks again,
Jim

Answer
Sorry, I have no suggestions for you. It sounds like something is corrupted. I would say to UNINSTALL and reinstall office, but if you've lost your discs, that could be hard to do. I wish I could be of more help.

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 2-hour-long Microsoft Access Video Tutorial

Cordially,
Richard Rost
599CD Computer Training  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Richard Rost