Excel/Vlookup and sum answers with same data

Stephen Hartley wrote at 2013-02-26 12:09:28
I should say add that even though the Prod a is appearing in the various cells at the minute, they could appear anywhere across the 6 lines, on any of the days, so the example shown is just an example. I need to search down all 5 days, and across the 6 lines, for the same product, count the number of packs altogether and put the result into the cell.

How does that translate into a formula?

Stephen Hartley wrote at 2013-02-28 09:25:05
=SUM(SUMIF(OFFSET('WK1'!B7:B66,0,{0,2}),'Qtr1 Actuals'!C7,OFFSET('WK1'!D7:D66,0,{0,2})))

Thanks for your help, but the cell is returning a zero value when i use the formula as above even though I have data in the cell I am trying to lift from.

What could be the problem?  

Wk1 is the spreadsheet with the data in it, B7:B66 AND D7:D66 are the ranges, but still no data is being returned. C7 is the name of the product I am searching for.

Can you explain what the 0,{0,2,} means just incase that might be where its going wrong?

I am also using it as an array, control, shift and enter so that doesnt seem to be having any effect either.  

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Stuart Resnick