Excel/filter rows

Question
I have an excel file where rows are being repeated for a particular column.  Let say this column is called 'Sequence Number' and the row that contains the value 420 is repeated every 50 rows (i.e. it appears again 50 rows down).  I want to filter it somehow so the output only shows the rows that contain the value 420,  discarding all other rows that do not.

Answer
Since Pennsylvanians have long felt sorry for those from New Jersey, I'll answer. :)

Just teasing.

As long as your data has no completely blank rows and no completely blank columns in between other rows and columns, then you should be able to click anywhere in the data, hit the Sort and Filter button on the Home tab, and click Filter.

You should now have arrows at the top of every column. Go to the Sequence Number column and hit the drop down and uncheck the Select All box. Then check the 420 box. That should hide all rows that are NOT 420.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Anne Troy