Excel/Link cells in one sheet with unavailable sheets

Question
Dear Tom,

I need your help finding solution for my issue.
I created an excel file calculating the employees bonus.
"Master" sheet have each employee details (DOJ, Basic salary,dept.....etc) and inserted a code to create a separate sheet for each employee (name of each sheet was same of employee name and it included his details + calculating the bonus).
my issue is : in "Master" sheet, I need the resulted bonus in each sheet to come to the respective employee.
Example:

in Master sheet"

Employee name    DOJ        B Sal     Dept.       Bonus
Emp X          01/09/09   150,000   Finance    (To be calculated)

there will be a separate sheet "Emp X" calculating the bonus of Emp X
result was in this sheet H87.
I need this number in H87 to go automatically to "Master" sheet in bonus column, in Emp X raw.

Important Note:
Sheet "Emp X" was not exist in design stage, this will be created after user fill the employee names in "Master" sheet.

Thanks in Advance.

Answer
so for row 2, assuming column E is the bonus column so in E2

=if($A2="","",Indirect("'"&A2&"'!H87"))

this assumes the employee name will have a space in it and as you say the name of the sheet of emp X is emp X,  You can then drag fill this formula down the column.

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy