Excel/Linking to a master sheet

I want to link the master sheet that I have created to multiple more I will make just like it. The other sheets are to have information inputted into them to keep track of the information I need.

What I'm wondering is, is there a way for me to link these sheets so when i add a line or edit a square's value, could it update the other spreadsheets as well. This way i won't have to edit each sheet because i will have over 100.

If the information is in the exact same cells, then you can group the sheets before you enter the data or insert rows, etc.
With the master sheet active, ctrl/click on the other sheet(s), then whatever you do on one sheet will be done on all the sheets in the group. Right-click the sheet tab and select Ungroup sheets when done.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Bob Umlas

I`m a Microsoft Excel MVP (Most Valuable Professional) and have been since the inception of the program in 1995. I can answer every kind of Excel question except: API, Importing/exporting to other programs (powerpoint, word,...) Also check out my in-person training link at

Worked with MS Excel since version 0.99 (on the Mac!). Was contributing editor to Excellence Magazine, having written >300 articles. John Walkenbach said of me "I finally met someone who knows as much about Excel as I do."

Excellence, The Expert, Microsoft

BA in math, Hofstra University, 1965

Led sessions for the Convergence 2004-2006 seminar on Excel tips & tricks