Excel/pivot table issue

Question
Before used space bar
Before used space bar  

After used space bar
After used space bar  
Hi

I need a solution on the Pivot table.

When I press a “Space bar” in the pivot table the entire label is deleted I need a solution to fix it. Please suggest me a idea.

But when I press the Space bar, there is no error thrown out and field is getting modified. How to fix this issue without protecting the Work book. User wants to view the report without protect, same time it should not be edited.need help on this.

Answer
Hi Malini,

If I understand correctly, you want to have a pivot table, you want to prevent the user from modifying the pivot table and you want to do this without protecting the worksheet.

Firstly, the user should not be messing around with a pivot table report.

One option is to protect the worksheet but without a password, this way you can protect and unprotect it easily and still avoid errors because of wrong typing.

Another option is to create a copy of the pivot table sheet and provide only the copy to the user so that any erroneous changes don't affect the original pivot table.

Hope this helps,
Gulshan.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI