Excel/About:: Preparing Students' Mark-Sheet

Hello There!

I'm not sure if it's the correct topic to ask the question.

But the thing is: I work in a school as a teacher. Currently, our school uses handwritten big-sheet (marks-ledger) and progress report (marks sheet) for different examination held at the school. But I want to implement the digital method i.e. prepare the big-sheet on computer and transfer the marks of each students to prepare computer printed mark-sheet. So, I want to get idea on how it is done. There's must be some simple method to do. Typing each marks on big-sheet and again typing the same data for mark-sheet is going to be time consuming and hectic.

I hope to get some tips and ideas on how it is done in simple way.

Thank You.

Excel Student Gradebook
Excel Student Gradeboo  
Hi Abhi,

You can use an Excel spreadsheet to record progress reports by entering the student data on one  spreadsheet and have it linked to another sheet, so that the big-sheet data and the progress data are simply replicas of each other.

For example, you enter the mark ledger data on Sheet1 and by using a formula (='Sheet2'!B4) to capture the repeating data on the progress report sheet (Sheet2). Please note:  Sheet2 is the name of the sheet and B4 the location of the data.

If you have questions, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Mary Lindsey

Please see the sample image provided
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Mary A. Lindsey

I can answer Microsoft Excel 2000-2007 questions regarding formatting, styles, shortcut keys, templates, forms, etc, but will not answer any macro questions.

I have over 15 years experience working in corporate America as legal and financial document support specialist. I have designed a template that converts html and Excel files to inserts these numerical data into Word documents so that there will be no document corruption because of file size and graphics that comes as part of HTML and Excel.

I am a Microsoft Office Master Instructor (MOS), Certiport Administrator and Proctor (97-2003)