Excel/About:- Preparing Students' Mark-Sheet

Question
Hello There!

I'm not sure if it's the correct topic to ask the question.

But the thing is: I work in a school as a teacher. Currently, our school uses handwritten big-sheet (marks-ledger) and progress report (marks sheet) for different examination held at the school. But I want to implement the digital method i.e. prepare the big-sheet on computer and transfer the marks of each students to prepare computer printed mark-sheet. So, I want to get idea on how it is done. There's must be some simple method to do. Typing each marks on big-sheet and again typing the same data for mark-sheet is going to be time consuming and hectic.

I hope to get some tips and ideas on how it is done in simple way.

Thank You.

Answer
Hi Abhi,

Its good to know that you are interested in automating the activities and save time.

However, marksheets in schools can be large amounts of data, if I might suggest, you can try using MS Access as a tool.

It will probably take a bit longer to set it up and you might need an expert's help on it, but it is a better long term solution.

I'm not an expert on Access, but will be glad to help in any way I can. You could try ppsting in Access section of this site.

Hope this helps.

Gulshan
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI