Excel/Query:: Preparing Students' Mark-Sheet

Hello There!

I'm not sure if it's the correct topic to ask the question.

But the thing is: I work in a school as a teacher. Currently, our school uses handwritten big-sheet (marks-ledger) and progress report (marks sheet) for different examination held at the school. But I want to implement the digital method i.e. prepare the big-sheet on computer and transfer the marks of each students to prepare computer printed mark-sheet. So, I want to get idea on how it is done. There's must be some simple method to do. Typing each marks on big-sheet and again typing the same data for mark-sheet is going to be time consuming and hectic.

I hope to get some tips and ideas on how it is done in simple way.

Thank You.

If I understand the question you need to split the big sheet into lots of little ones, which are sheets per pupil?  If so, it SOUNDS as though you would be using mail merge - this would enable you to split the large sheet into the data you need for the little ones.  I'm not sure which version of Office you are using so it is difficult to give step by step guidance on mail merge but I'm happy to help further in any way I can - if it helps, my direct email is
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!