Excel/reduce cell numbers by percent

Question
hi Jan
sorry to bother you ( hope i explain this well) i have an excel sheet as a price list and i have about 40 cells with separate prices in each of them, is it possible for me to reduce or increase those prices by "percent" just by typing that percent in a separate empty cell thanks.
regards Rick

Answer
Hi Rick,

I can think of two ways.

1. Formula:

=A1*(1+$C$1)

(put the percentage in cell C1)

2. Copy paste

- Put one plus the percentage in a separate cell like this: 10 percent becomes: 1.1
 and copy that cell
- Select the cells that need the change, select Paste Special and choose multiply as the
 operation.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Jan Karel Pieterse