Excel/Regarding excel drop down for Time and Date.

Question
Hi Stuart,

Please assist me on the below.

1. Actually i want to know how to create drop down cell for entering time and Date.

For example, if i click the drop down cell i have to get current time and date. When ever i click the drop down it should give updated/current time.

Because it will reduce my working time. That is the reason why i want create drop down cell rather than using formula at every time.

Kind Regards
Ravi.

Answer
On a new Excel workbook, select cells A1:A2, and apply the Date/Time format you want. In A1 enter

=NOW()

Select A2, and choose from menu Data, Data Validation, Allow: List, Source: =$A$1, OK.

Whenever you want to enter the current Date/Time in cell A2, first click the F9 key, then select from the A2 dropdown.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Stuart Resnick