Excel/Regarding excel sheet protection.
Could you kindly assist me on the below.
1. How to protect certain Rows or columns in excel with password.
For ex: I want to protect entire "C" column, once i protected other user should not able to edit and the same way it should be untouchable for the other user.
In addition all the formula has to work in the protected rows and columns.
2. How to swap the text in excel.
I want " David Antony" to be "Antony David".
- Select the cells you want the user to edit
- right-click and select format cells
- On the protection tab uncheck "Locked"
- Now protect your worksheet (review tab).
- Select names
- Data, text to columns, delimited, space, finish (must have empty columns to the right)
- formula in adjacent column: =C2 & " " & B2
Note that names are very complicated, multiple last names, firstnames, prefixes highly complicate this!
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here