Excel/Regarding Protecting excel.

Could you kindly assist me on the below.

1. How to enlarge only particular cell in excel.
    For ex: if i want to enlarge cell B2 means the remaining cells should not change their sizes.

2. How to protect the selected cell/cells with password.
In addition, the protected cell will not allow others to edit or copy.

3. How to hide the formula which is used in excel.

Kind Regards

ANSWER: 1. I don't understand. Isn't it obvious that if you change the column-width of cell A1, it will also change the column-width of A2? And that if you change row-height of A1, then it changes the row-height of B1? How could it be otherwise?

2 & 3. Select cell(s) to protect. Right-click on selection and choose Format Cells, Protection. Check Locked to protect the cell. Also check Hidden if you want to hide the formula. Click OK. Right-click on sheet tab and choose Protect Sheet.

1.Actually my question was how to increase the size of particular cell in excel.

2.I want to protect the sheet with the feature of below,
   once i protected the cells it should not allow other user to keep the cursor and edit or copy.

1. Select cell. From home menu, in the Cells section, click arrow to right of "Format." To change the column width of the cell, choose "column width." To change the row height of the cell, choose "row height."

2. When you right-click on the sheet tab, and select Protect Sheet, the Protect Sheet popup appears. Uncheck the box "Select locked cells" then click OK. User will not be allowed to select any cell that you've protected.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Stuart Resnick

I can answer questions relating to MS Excel formulas, or to programming with vba (Visual Basic for Applications) in the Excel environment. Please follow the following guidelines: your question should focus on one specific issue you want to learn. It's beyond the scope of this free service for me to create entire projects or complex vba solutions for you from scratch. You should be able to do most of the work yourself, and come here when you need help with a specific point you're stuck on. ALWAYS include a simple, concrete example illustrating what you want to learn. Explain this example in detail in the text of your question (what data is in which cells of which sheets, etc). Be very precise about the results you want, using this sample to make the logic clear. Always keep these examples SIMPLE. Never e.g. use 18 worksheets in your example if using 2 or 3 will do. Never use ranges like AI567:BB865 if using a range like A1:B3 will do. Thanks.

As a consultant, I've designed Excel tools since the 90s, working for the Federal Reserve Bank, AT&T, and (currently) Gap Inc.

My only "education" comes from 2 decades of doing spreadsheet/programming work, with major SF Bay Area corporations such as AT&T, Federal Reserve Bank, and Gap Inc.