Excel/Sum macro

Question
QUESTION: I use the following macro:  =sumif('LABOR DATA ENTRY'!B4:B3000,"Connally",'LABOR DATA ENTRY'!M4:M3000)

I enter labor for many different customers on the LABOR DATA ENTRY SHEET and this sums up the labor for my seperate job names on sheet 2. The job name in this example is "Connally".

My problem is that I have to manually modify the formula on sheet 2 each time I enter a new job name in the LABOR DATA ENTRY sheet.  I have to change the word "Connally" to the added job name.

Instead of modifying the formuala by hand to a new job name search word each time, can I have the search based on the contents of a cell?  Modifying the formula each time is too prone to error and it would be much easier to just type the job name in a referenced cell on sheet 2 and have the formula use that.
Thanks for your advice on this
Al

ANSWER: "... can I have the search based on the contents of a cell?  Modifying the formula each time is too prone to error and it would be much easier to just type the job name in a referenced cell on sheet 2 and have the formula use that. ..."

Yes

QUESTION: Could you give me an example of how to do that?  It seems to me if I wrote C2 as a search reference my formula, then it would look for C2 instead of the contents of C2.  I need the format to enter a cell reference I think.
Thanks
Al

Answer
QUESTION: I use the following macro:  =sumif('LABOR DATA ENTRY'!B4:B3000,"Connally",'LABOR DATA ENTRY'!M4:M3000)

Try  =sumif('LABOR DATA ENTRY'!B4:B3000,",'LABOR DATA ENTRY'!C2",'LABOR DATA ENTRY'!M4:M3000)

Just as you referenced the other cells.  I did not test this for syntax
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bill