I am working on a workbook and need to figure out a formula to return an item from a list in another sheet. Right now I have a sheet with a list containing dates, start time, end time, and a description column. On another sheet I have a "calendar" set up Mondays-Fridays for an 8 week span and along the rows is time periods from 8-430 in half hour increments. Basically I need a formula that says (assuming sheet 2 b3 is in the date column of 3/25 and the time row of 8:00 am) enter the corresponding description (from sheet1) in cell B3 if in sheet 1 there is a record that exists which has the date of 3/25 and time of 8am  if not then return null. So basically I want to pull data from a list and put it into a calendar format. I believe that I am running into formatting issues also. And I need the formula if possible, to understand a block of time. Say the start and end time is a 2 hour time frame how do I get that to show on sheet 2? I hope this makes sense. I tried asking it before but did not get a response.

Hello Jessica,

Thanks for a detailed question. Looks like you have done a lot of work already. Can you send me the file you are working on with sample data. That will help me understand better rather than reading the text above.

You could mail me the file at - gulshanrajpurswani@gmail.com. Please mention the subject as AllExperts.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

I can answer questions related to the following topics: 1. MS Excel - Creating and Linking Formulae, Running Pivot Tables, Vlookup etc. 2. Macros / VBA - Creating Macros to do specific jobs. Importing / Exporting / Validating Data in excel through Macros.

I've been working on excel for over 10 years and on VBA macros for over 3 years now.

Bachelor of Commerce, Chartered Accountant from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India