Excel/Conditional formatting

Question

Could you kindly assist me on the below.

1. When i am using conditional formatting to highlight some numbers or words, the blank cells are automatically coming with red. So please how to make the blank cells to be white.

2. One more question regarding excel protection, after protecting excel i could not able to use down/upper arrow. Please tell me how to solve this issue.

Regards
Ravi

Answer
RAVI

I cannot be much help without knowing how you did your conditional formating and how you did your protection.  I suggest that you look back at your criteria for your formating and make sure that your condition does not include blank cells.  And do the same for your protection because you have apparently created protection that does not allow the movement.

Richard
Florida
USA

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Richard Roberts