Excel/Excel 2013 multiple "if" statements with text

Question
Good Evening Bob, I am trying to create a guide for work that when a person selects option a (substrate) in a drop down box in column a, and an option from a drop down box in column b (supplier) it will return values in column c (available adhesive). The problem i am facing is all of my options are text only. I believe if it's possible i would need to use a nested "if" function but continually run into a wall because everything is text based.

Thanks in advance
Dave

Answer
something like this in C1, perhaps:
=IF(A1="CHOICE 1",IF(B1="2ND CHOICE","Answer1",IF(B1="3RD CHOICE","Answer2")),"A1 Not Choice 1")

If this doesn't help, send a sample wb to me at bobumlas@hotmail.com, use subject of "AllExpertsQ" and repeat what needs doing.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bob Umlas