Excel/Excel Formula for the following

Dear Mr. Gulshan,

I am creating a project which requires data to be sorted in excel. I am nearly working with more than 10,000 data records. MY plan is to separate Address, City names, Pin Code and Country from combined address. An example of my requirement is posted in the attached image.

I am using Excel 2007

Please help me with some solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Jackson,

You can try using the text to column function in excel. This is assuming that your data will always be separated by a ","
Goto data - text to columns, select the delimited option and delimiter as "comma", that should do the job.

Hope this helps,
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

I can answer questions related to the following topics: 1. MS Excel - Creating and Linking Formulae, Running Pivot Tables, Vlookup etc. 2. Macros / VBA - Creating Macros to do specific jobs. Importing / Exporting / Validating Data in excel through Macros.

I've been working on excel for over 10 years and on VBA macros for over 3 years now.

Bachelor of Commerce, Chartered Accountant from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India