Excel/Exel, nested if then

Question
I have cell with a number.  If the number is 0.00 to 0.25 I want "10 points" displayed, if the number is 0.26 to 0.50 I want  "9 points" displayed, if the number is 0.51 to 1.0 I want "8 points displayed and so on.
I am a new user of Exel and am basically learning on the job. Other formulas haven't been too difficult. this has me baffled.
Thanks!

Answer
You want a NESTED IF FUNCTION with some AND functions in there.

IF(AND(A1>0,A1<=.25),10,IF(AND(A1>.25,A1<=.5),9,IF(AND(A1>.5,A1<.75),8,0)))

Learn more about these functions on my web site. See those links above.

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 90-minute Microsoft Excel Video Tutorial

Cordially,
Richard Rost
599CD Computer Training

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Richard Rost