Excel/importing email data into excel

Hi there, me again

Can you give me some more advice about a new project I have.  We want to try to automate our recruitment process.

We receive emails into our 'Roundcube' email system and I would like to know if it's possible to get excel to pull the emails into a sheet so we can then look at the data and then based on some criteria send various email responses and update the sheet.

Roundcube doesn't have a import\export facility like outlook though so I've been trying to find out if you can write something in VBA to connect and based on the subject and date of the mails import the data into excel etc but all I can really find is how 'easy' this can be done in Outlook.

Many thanks in advance.

I've done some research into RoundCube - which is really where the problem lies - and it LOOKS like this uses a MySQL database to store the data - if so, you should be able to write SQL to interogate this - using excel as the front end.  HOWEVER, I have no experience with RoundCube so I'm not sure I am going to be able to help very much with this one - though happy to try, and certainly happy to be a "sounding board" for ideas!
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!