Excel/Macro to Skip Items not Found.

Hi Tom,

I need your assistance on a macro. I need a macro which should find (CTRL+F) a word (For eg: "JAY" or "JAYEN"). If the word (any one of the word in the braces) is present on the excel the macro should run further (for eg: select range A1 in sheet2) or it should end with the Msg Box "nothing found". Kindly advise me a macro on the same. Thanks in advance for providing me assistance on the same. Thank you..

Jayendran. R,

Sub FindJay()
Dim sh As Worksheet
Dim r As Range
Set sh = ActiveSheet
Set r = sh.Cells.Find(What:="Jay", _
       After:=ActiveCell, _
       LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
       LookAt:=xlPart, _
       SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
       SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
       MatchCase:=False, _
If Not r Is Nothing Then
  MsgBox "Jay was not found on the active sheet"
End If
End Sub

worked for me.

Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.