Excel/Smarter way to paste special

Question
Hi

I'm simulating values using the RAND() function, but I since I do 10,000 simulation for each date that's a lot of copy -> paste special. Is there a smarter, more efficient way for me to lock in my output?

Thanks in advance,
Rasmus

Answer
If it's 10,000 values all at once, then you can copy the entire column and paste special all at once.  Otherwise, you would need to use a macro to populate the random numbers - which would then be stored as values rather than the rand() function.  The only other way I can think is to make the values slightly less volatile by turning the calculation to manual - but the values would change everytime you forced a recalculation.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage