Excel/Using Excel to create a time schedule

Question
I am putting together a schedule for an upcoming training and was hoping to use Excel in order to create it.  I have specific times that some events are starting but am still playing around with the length of the presentations within larger sections.  I was wondering if there was a way to use a formula in Excel to flesh some of this out.

The format I was looking at would be having a cell with a time length (say 5 minutes) and then a start time (say 8:00AM) and have a formula I could drag/copy down to create the schedule (8:05AM, 8:10AM, 8:15AM, etc).  I wanted to have the time length be able to be changed (to 10 or 15 minutes) and therefore be a cell referenced in a formula.  Is this possible and if so, how?

Thank you!

Answer
in B1 put your time length as an excel time (as an example, so it displays as 0:05:00  which would be 5 minutes

in A1 put your start time

in A2 put in

=A1+$B$1

then drag fill cell A2 down the column for as far as you need to go.  You can then change the value in B1 when you wish to have a new/different interval.

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy