Excel/conditional formating

Question
QUESTION: I am working on a spreadsheet for work that hopefully when I am finish will cut down on a lot of time on searching for due dates at the beginning of the month for 50 employees soon to be 150.  I would like to develop a form or a spreadsheet that will tell me when due dates are coming up or expired.  If their training is up to date I would like that cell to be green, when their training is 30 days before due I will like that cell to become yellow and when their training is expired I will like that cell to become red.  
I will write the employee's name in column A, and the expiration dates of the training in column B.   Please let me know if you can help me, or show me an easier way to do this.

Thank You.

ANSWER: What version of EXCEL are you using?

QUESTION: I am so sorry, I am using 2010 version.

Answer
Sorry for the late reply, have been unavailable to answer.  Use a simple formula using Conditional Formatting.  Here is an example of one way of doing it.

=$B$1+30<$A$1  Assuming today's date is in A1 and the training date is in B1.

Hope this helps

Bill
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bill