Excel/Excel 2010 & Excel 2003 compatibility

Question
Hi Gulshan,

I have an excel 2010 workbook having data validations and formulas, i want this workbook to be excel 2003 compatible so i go to File--> Save as--> and save that workbook as 97-2003 workbook format(.xls).

Now when i open that workbook the drop-downs don't work and my formulas also become ineffective. When i open that workbook in office 2003 setup still it doesn't work.

Can you please advice how should i approach to make my 2010 workbook comapatible with 2003 so that it works in office 2003 setup

Thanks & Regards
Sourabh

Answer
Hi Sourabh,

This is a bit strange because normally filters shouldn't get affected by the version difference. Do you have any kind of sheet protection or file protection in this file.

If the data is not confidential, can you mail it to me so I can convert and send it back to you.

Gulshan.
gulshanrajpurswani@gmail.com (please mention AllExperts in the subject line)
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI