Excel/excel

Question
I would like to tally numbers from column or rows.  How to enter formula. Example: column numbers are 2 2 2 5 9 8 7 6 3 2 2 8 5 6 7
I would like know How many are all numbers # 2 are 5, #5 are 2.  like this

Answer
Hi Kal,

You can use the countif function in excel.
Eg. if cells A1 to O1 contain the values shown in your question above, then you can use countif formula in cell A2 and find out how many 2s are there in the above range.

Let me know if you need any help using the formula.

Hope this helps,
Gulshan.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI