Excel/Excel date tests

Question
I have three columns labeled loss date, date of hire, and 90 days after hire - all are in date formating.  I calculated the column 90 days after hire by adding 90 to the date of hire column.  I am now trying to determine if loss date occurs before or after the date in 90 days after hire.  If I need to use a color coding that is fine, any way is better than going through 7000+ cells!

example: cell D2 is 1/1/2012, cell E2 is 5/17/2011, cell F2 is 8/15/2011.

Let me know, thanks.

Answer
Natalie:

I have uploaded a sample file here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsrgobzc28yescu/Natalie-Allexpert.xlsx

You can use an IF function, combined with AND to create a formula that will let you know if the date matches criteria.  You can also use Conditional Formatting (Available on Home Ribbon/Styles Group) to automatically highlight cells based on criteria.  I have chosen to highlight the cells stating "Yes".

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

In addition, if I completely answered your question please remember to donate!!

- Nathan
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Nathan