Excel/Excel email list

I have an extensive e-mail list that I wish to use, and I tried highlighting the column of mails and then pasting it in the "To" section of the e-mail, but it only pastes the first e-mail of all the ones highlighted.  Is there a short cut to doing this at all so that I can import all the mails quickly? Thanks!

Hi Nick,

I suppose you are wanting to send emails using your Excel mail list and that requires knowledge of the mail merge functionality in Word (yes, I said Word).

1. Make sure that your Excel document has these headings: "First name," "Last Name" and "Email Address." Include each of these in its own cell.
2. Write the body of the email in Word and once you are satisfied with the content, save the Word document, but keep the file open.  
3. Next click the "Mailings" tab and choose "Select Recipients" from the "Start Mail Merge" group.
4. Click "Use Existing List." Locate your file through the "Select Data Source" box. Select your file and click "OK" or "Open." The information will merge from Excel into Word and send the email through Microsoft Outlook.

Hope this helps the process.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Mary A. Lindsey

I can answer Microsoft Excel 2000-2007 questions regarding formatting, styles, shortcut keys, templates, forms, etc, but will not answer any macro questions.

I have over 15 years experience working in corporate America as legal and financial document support specialist. I have designed a template that converts html and Excel files to inserts these numerical data into Word documents so that there will be no document corruption because of file size and graphics that comes as part of HTML and Excel.

I am a Microsoft Office Master Instructor (MOS), Certiport Administrator and Proctor (97-2003)