Excel/Excel macro

Question
Hi Stuart
Thanks in advance for helping.
I am trying to write a macro that will find a value in a worksheet (for example "Test Town"), carry out an action, in this case move up a row and one column left and insert a page break.
Then find the next value of "Test Town" and carry out the same action until all values of "Test Town" have been found.
All the values are within column B which does contain blanks.
I have got the moving up and left sorted using ActiveCell.Offset and the insertion of page breaks, it's the finding the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc instances I'm struggling with.
Many thanks

Answer
Sub makePageBreaks()
   Dim wks As Worksheet
   Dim checkThisCell As Range
   Set wks = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(1)
   wks.ResetAllPageBreaks
   Set checkThisCell = wks.Range("B1").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell)
   Set checkThisCell = wks.Range("B" & checkThisCell.Row)
   Do Until checkThisCell.Row < 3
       If checkThisCell.Value = "Test Town" Then
         wks.HPageBreaks.Add checkThisCell.Offset(-1)
       End If
       Set checkThisCell = checkThisCell.Offset(-1)
   Loop
End Sub
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Stuart Resnick