Excel/Filtering certain dates

Question
I download excel reports from a gym membership program. (I am using excel 2010)The reports show all members who are on a month trial. I want to only see those members who are in either their second or third week of their trail. The join date is in column AV and is of the format yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss
Any help would be greatly appreciated, i am very new to excel.

Thanks

Answer
Emma

First we need to determine which of the members are in the first or second week.  We can do that with a formula.
First if there is an empty column next to the AV column then great.  If there is not, then insert a new column.  To insert a column click on the head of the column AW (in other words click on the AW) that will paint the entire column.  Then right click, then select insert, that will give you a new column that will be headed AW.  In the AW column on the first row that you have data in put this formula.

=IF(AND(+NOW()-AV1<15,+NOW()-AV1>7),2,0)++IF(AND(+NOW()-AV1<22,+NOW()-AV1>14),3,0)

You can copy this formula and paste it directly to your worksheet in row cell AW1.  If you put it in any other cell then it will need to be adjusted since the cell references for the calculation will not be correct.

What this formula will do is put a 2 in the cell where the member is in the second week (or between 7 and 14 days) and a 3 where the member is in the third week (between 15 and 22 days.

Now you can sort the data based on the AW column and the sort will isolate the 1 and 2 cells.

Hope this helps

Richard
Florida
USA  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Richard Roberts