Excel/Name match to email

I have 2 spreadsheets in a wb. Both contain first name, last name. WS A has names and email addresses. WS B has names and other info I need. I want to match names from A to names on B and once I get the match I want to add the email addresses from A to the name on B. I want to use the email addresses to send to constant contact. Sheet A has multiple instances of the same name, sheet B usually only has one instance but sometimes multiples. Sheet A also has names that are not on B and I would like to report those names and emails seperatly.

Thanks for the help

ANSWER: is the structure on both that first name is in A, last name in B, and WS A has email in C, and you want WS B to have email addresses picked up and placed in C?

A is a spreadsheet containing both the name and email
B is a spreadsheet containing the name and additional info such as start and end dates.

A sometimes has multiple entries for the same name and also may have entries that are not in B.

I need to know how to get both A&B into one WB

I want to take the email on A and add it to the corresponding name on B ignoring any multiple entries on A. When done I will have B with all the info I need including the email corresponding to the name.

I will then need to calculate 30 days prior to the end date field to notify me of any customer names and emails who will end in thirty days. I will use the emails to send them an expiration notice and re-enrollment opportunity via Constant Contact.

To help clarify I have sent both sheets to your Gmail

This service is AWSOME

I don't know how you got my gmail email (I hardly ever use it).
Enter this in cell V2 of the customer log file, but it MUST be entered while holding Ctrl+Shift:
=IFERROR(INDEX('A 2013-04-06_Submit Log.csv'!$H:$H,MATCH(B2&C2,'A 2013-04-06_Submit Log.csv'!$F$1:$F$1406&'A 2013-04-06_Submit Log.csv'!$G$1:$G$1406,0)),"No Match")
Then you can double-click the fill handle to fill it down.
I suggest that when you're done, copy column V and paste special values, since csv files can't hold formulas.

Further info:

Check out my new book here:
See video on my new book here:

Read the amazing reviews here:
check out my old book here:
Bob Umlas, Excel MVP

I'm leading an online 2-evening/3-hr each class in VBA. Details here:

The class is held June 4 & 6 from 8-11PM est.
If you're interested in taking a live, online VBA class, check this out:

go to

on the left side, click the link "Virtual Classroom"

on the right side, click "Virtual Classroom Schedule"

click the MIDDLE Dropdown, scroll to Microsoft Excel Visual Basic for Applications

click "See your selection"

click Course Outline (or register, etc)

And/Or, see this announcement for in-person and more in-depth training (not only VBA):

There will be an Excel User Conference June 26-28, 2013 in Las Vegas.

There are 3 instructors: Bob Umlas(me)(an Excel MVP), Tom Urtis (an Excel MVP), and Szilvia Juhasz (an Excel trainer).  
Please email me at if you think you may be interested and

I will follow up with you when the details are known, including hotel, agenda, cost, etc.
Please use subject of "EUC Interest" in the email.

Hope to see you there!
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Bob Umlas

I`m a Microsoft Excel MVP (Most Valuable Professional) and have been since the inception of the program in 1995. I can answer every kind of Excel question except: API, Importing/exporting to other programs (powerpoint, word,...) Also check out my in-person training link at

Worked with MS Excel since version 0.99 (on the Mac!). Was contributing editor to Excellence Magazine, having written >300 articles. John Walkenbach said of me "I finally met someone who knows as much about Excel as I do."

Excellence, The Expert, Microsoft

BA in math, Hofstra University, 1965

Led sessions for the Convergence 2004-2006 seminar on Excel tips & tricks