Excel/Re-arranging names in a list

Question
Hello Tom

Please can you help me once again?

I have a list of names in column "A" which are non contiguous.
They are located at(A5, A8, A11, A16, A19) respectively.
What I would like, is a macro to shift each name down. For example, A5 would go to A8, and A8 would go to A11 etc.
The bottom name (A19) will go back to the top (A5).
Thank you for your kind attention.

Answer
David,

this worked for me as I understand the requirement:

Sub RotateNames()
Dim v As Variant, lb As Long, ub As Long
Dim i As Long, s As String
v = Array("A5", "A8", "A11", "A16", "A19")
lb = LBound(v)
ub = UBound(v)
s = Range(v(ub)).Value
For i = ub To lb + 1 Step -1
  Range(v(i)) = Range(v(i - 1))
Next
Range(v(lb)) = s
End Sub

Be sure to test it on a copy of your data to insure it does what you want.

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy