Excel/text box font keeps changing

Question
Hello...I'm using v2010 and am using an ActiveX textbox with the following properties:  AutoSize=False, EnterKeyBehav=True, MultiLine=True, ScrollVertical=True.
Initially, everything with this box was fine.  However, I now find that when I click inside the box, then click outside the box, the font of the text inside the keeps getting smaller.  The dimensions of the box don't change and I don't want it to.  But I did initially set the font to, say, Verdana 12pt.  This fontsize should not change.  I can't find a property that would control this; I have made sure that AutoSize=False, as above.
I have read blogs that said this is a known issue with ActiveX controls and I should switch to Form Controls.  However, the textbox feature is not available and I'd rather not have to use sophisticated VBA coding (as a Change Event or something) to "reset" the font size to what I want anytime anyone edits the textbox.  How do I keep the textbox font from changing?
Your help is most appreciated.
Thank you very much.
- Al

Answer
I've not come across this but clearly your research indicates a known problem - one possible way round would be to use the text box from the insert ribbon undershapes? alternatively, you may want to consider using a userform for this - again, this would resolve the issue by sidestepping it
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage