Excel/A time clock equation

Question
I'd like to enter start time in B1, end time in C1, and have total hours worked rounded to the quarter hour in D1. Also if possibleI'd like to add 20 minutes of paid lunch to any hours totaling 7.5 or more.

Example 1: (B1)8:30am (C1)4:30pm (D1) would = 8 plus 20 min lunch then rounding to quarter hour would make answer 8.25

Example 2: (B1)8:30am (C1)2:39pm (D1)6.25 (6 hours 9 minutes worked would round to 6.25 and since under 7.5 hours no paid lunch added.

THANKS!

Answer
Jodi

I am a CPA and its crunch time for filing tax returns on Monday, so I will not be able to get to your question until after that.  I suggest that you reask the question of another allexperts person if you want a quicker answer than that.  If not I should be able to get to it on Wednesday 4/17.

Sorry

Richard
Florida
USA
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Richard Roberts