Excel/Vlookups with Dropdown menu

Question
I'm working on a project in Excel 2010.  I need to look up an account number that has been entered in B6 and find the Customer Name in Sheet 2 in Column B.  The issue is There are multiple names under some account numbers.  I would like to do a vlookup to pull all the matches to the account number and then have the answers in a dropdown menu so I can just pick the correct one.  I have done the vlook up and the drop down, but my drop down gives me all the customer names not just the ones the correspond with the account number I have entered.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Explanation:
Column B in Sheet 1
Customer Account Number(I need to enter account number here)   
Customer Name (I am looking for this field to populate from Sheet 2 where I have a list of account numbers and corresponding customer names, address, city,etc) But some account numbers have multiple customer names.  I would like to have a drop down menu to list just the customer names that goes with the account number I entered in Column B)   
Attn:         
Customer Address         
City, State Zip Code         
US         

I am told this is possible by everything I have tried has not worked at this point.  Please HELP!

Answer
Hello Stephanie,

I've come across this issue a few times earlier where you have one value to look up but then there are multiple matches possible and finally the user wants to retrieve and use all the possible matches for every given value.
The tricky thing is that excel doesn't allow you to do that straightaway.
You can either try using pivot tables or sub totals which will group he values together, then try working with them.

Alternatively, you can try restructuring the data in such away that all the names related to an account are displayed in one single cell, then vlookup can be used to retrieve that matching cell.

Hope this helps

Gulshan.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI