Excel/worksheet

Question
made a master file which I 'save as' daily and make a daily report, whenever I open this file it takes a lot of memory and works very slowly, as more as I type it become slower. While other files of Excel works normally.

Note: I used Vlook formula in column 'C'

Can you please check why it is so

file name new prod
link = https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2BF84F9E8D500B71

Answer
Hi Sarfraz,

I'm not able to see your file. Can you share it as public.

Alternatively, I think the issue could be because you may have entered the Vlookup formula in the entire column C, i.e. all the 65536 rows. That will take up a lot of space.
It is preferable to enter vlookup formula only in the required number of rows. At the most, you can enter the formula in a few hundred extra rows to accomodate for future data, but please do not enter it in the entire column C as that will make it a very large sized file.

Gulshan.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI