Excel/Go To Cell

Is there a way that I can jump to the cell that matches the result of vlookup.

I have a date time picker, once I pick a date, I want a vlook up to search for a date on column a so that I can enter the data needed on column b, c and d.

For instance, I picked 12/13/2013 on the date picker, my vlook up then found it on A272, I want my cursor to go there so that I can enter the details needed on B272, C272 and D272.

If not possible for vlookp, is there any other way to accomplish this?

Hello Rod,

Thank you for the follow-up information.

I don't think Vlookup is what you need to accomplish this.  As I understand what you are trying to do, I think if you use Control + F to bring up the Find dialog box.  Place the date you are wanting in the box and press Find Next.  That will take your cursor to the date you have selected and then you can fill in the cells next to it.

If this is not what you are wanting to accomplish, send me a sample of your data with a detailed explanation and then perhaps I can better understand what you are trying to do.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

David W. Cofer

I can answer MS Excel questions regarding Excel Formulas, Functions, Worksheets, Data Validation, Conditional Formating, Lookup, Pivot Tables and Logic Functions, as well as other general Excel questions. I do not answer questions regarding Charts, Macros, Visual Basic or Programming. Please include the version of Excel you are using. That helps me provide an answer that will work on your system. Also, do not submit duplicate questions to several experts at the same time. If several of us are answering the same question at the same time, it is a waste of time and resources. If the first expert you ask does not provide an acceptable answer, then ask a second expert. As we are volunteers, our time is valuable, and it is a waste of time for 5 of us to be working on the same question at the same time. Thanks for your understanding.

I have used MS Excel for over 20 years and am familiar with all versions back to 1993. I currently use Excel 2013 and assist those using versions going back to 2000. I use Excel extensively at both work and home.

I hold a B.A. degree in Psychology.