Excel/Creating 1 worksheet for every week in one year

I am working to create a workbook for tracking time worked.  I would like to create a macro that copies the worksheet for one week and creates the other 51 weeks in a year, automatically updating the dates in the week and setting the worksheet name to the final date of the week.  I made a macro to create the next week's worksheet, but I do not know the syntax to have it run 51 times, always updating the dates from the previous sheet created.  I have another macro to name the worksheets.  Here are the macros I have.

To create the worksheet:
   Sheets("Sheet1").Copy Before:=Sheets(2)
   ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=Sheet1!RC+7"
  End Sub

To name the worksheets:
    Sub Name_Sheets()
    Dim ws As Worksheet
    On Error Resume Next
    For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
         ws.Name = Format(ws.Range("A9"), "mmmm dd, yyyy")
Next ws
End Sub

I appreciate any help you can give me. Laura

Sub sheetsWithDates()
'start with a workbook with a single sheet, with
'the first date in cell A3
   Dim wksFrom As Worksheet, wksTo As Worksheet
   Dim dateCell As Range
   Dim iWeek As Long, iSheetCount As Long
   Set wksFrom = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(1)
   Set dateCell = wksFrom.Range("a3")
   If Not IsDate(dateCell) Then Exit Sub
   wksFrom.Name = Format(wksFrom.Range("a3"), "mmmm dd, yyyy")
   For iWeek = 1 To 51
       iSheetCount = ThisWorkbook.Sheets.Count
       wksFrom.Copy after:=ThisWorkbook.Sheets(iSheetCount)
       Set wksTo = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(iSheetCount + 1)
       wksTo.Range("a3") = wksFrom.Range("a3") + (7 * iWeek)
       wksTo.Name = Format(wksTo.Range("a3"), "mmmm dd, yyyy")
   Next iWeek
End Sub
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Stuart Resnick

I can answer questions relating to MS Excel formulas, or to programming with vba (Visual Basic for Applications) in the Excel environment. Please follow the following guidelines: your question should focus on one specific issue you want to learn. It's beyond the scope of this free service for me to create entire projects or complex vba solutions for you from scratch. You should be able to do most of the work yourself, and come here when you need help with a specific point you're stuck on. ALWAYS include a simple, concrete example illustrating what you want to learn. Explain this example in detail in the text of your question (what data is in which cells of which sheets, etc). Be very precise about the results you want, using this sample to make the logic clear. Always keep these examples SIMPLE. Never e.g. use 18 worksheets in your example if using 2 or 3 will do. Never use ranges like AI567:BB865 if using a range like A1:B3 will do. Thanks.

As a consultant, I've designed Excel tools since the 90s, working for the Federal Reserve Bank, AT&T, and (currently) Gap Inc.

My only "education" comes from 2 decades of doing spreadsheet/programming work, with major SF Bay Area corporations such as AT&T, Federal Reserve Bank, and Gap Inc.