Excel/Excel 2007 - Formatting

I have a spreadsheet to track quoting for work.  Column B is the quote date, Column F is the quote status.  I need to flag the status at 30 days from quote date if it is still in "pending" status.  How do I flag the pending cell (turning red) at 30 days from quote date?

You can use the conditional formatting feature to do what you want.

First paint or select the cells that you want the format to be applied to. I believe that woudl be column B in your case.  Next go to toolbar/conditional formatting, select new rule, select "use a formula to determine which cells to format", in the box that says format value where this formula is true" put this formula

The formula does not need an = or equal sign in front of it and it does not need quote marks around it.

Then select format, and then the format that you want, and then clic ok.

This should work for you

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Richard Roberts

Can assist you in most areas of Excel, have been working with it for about 15 years in many types of applications, but primarily in financial and accounting applications. I am a CPA and many client or client problems have necessitated the use of excel. I am not an expert in charting, macros, or pivot tables.

Have been working with Excel for about 20 years primarily in accounting and financial areas.

BA, Certified Public Accountant