Excel/Excel 2010 - Formula or Macro?

Displayed Data
Displayed Data  

Hi Richard,

I'm busy on a spreadsheet where  there is a total value (e.g.: 25,550.00) and a start and end date.  I have calculated the number of days between two dates and then divided the value by the number of days to give me a daily average but here is the kicker:  If, for example, the start and end dates are 01/03/12 and 04/04/12 respectively, then the number of days is 35 - I need Excel to display the start and end dates including all the dates between the two as well as the average amount for each day. The "Last" date must not be displayed in the list.

I'm assuming that there is going to be some code required here?

I've included 2 images - one showing the data that needs to be displayed and the other showing the formulas I've used.

Here's holding thumbs and thanks for the great service you provide :-)

Warm regards

Sorry, I have read your question several times, and I am not understanding exactly what your queston is.  I think it may be clearer if I knew not just what you want to display, but what the data that you are pulling your display information from looks like.

Send me some more information and I will see what I can do.

Florida USA  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Richard Roberts

Can assist you in most areas of Excel, have been working with it for about 15 years in many types of applications, but primarily in financial and accounting applications. I am a CPA and many client or client problems have necessitated the use of excel. I am not an expert in charting, macros, or pivot tables.

Have been working with Excel for about 20 years primarily in accounting and financial areas.

BA, Certified Public Accountant