Excel/Excel

Question
Hi. how r u sir ? hope fine n in pink of health.

sir in A1 i have date n time and in B1 too i have date n time in DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM AM/PM format. now sir when i enter start date and time in A1 and End date n time in B1 to get hours and minutes in C1, it calculates only if the dates are of same day. i want is that when i enter Start date and time in A1 and End date and time in B1 ( 8 days later ) it shuold calculate the hours and minutes of 8 days.

thanking u

Aman

Answer
Aman,

You just need to format the cell C1 properly.  You should use the custom number format [hh]:mm

this is  how I would do it in the US English version.  If your formatting characters are different, you would need to use whatever your local settings are.  You can actually do it using a build in format in US English.  When I go to Time, I can see a sample that shows hours greater than 24.  If I set that format, it will use a format similar to what I show above.  I don't know if that is an option in with your regional settings.

--
Tom Ogilvy  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy