Excel/excel

Question
excel column
excel column  
How do I add a column of money in excel or open office calc??

When I try to use the autosum function it only adds the last few amounts each time even though I choose all cells from 1 to 25 like the attachment:--

Answer
autosum SHOULD pick up all the cells in a range, so I'm not clear why - certainly the picture would indicate this should work.  But one possible easy fix is select the cells as a block before using autosum - it will then sum the selected area.  OR you can simply type the formula

=sum(firstcell:lastcell) replacing firstcell and lastcell with the actual cell ranges - or after the opening brackets, just click and drag to fill them.

Hopefully this resolves it but do let me know if I can help further - if it helps, my direct email is aidan.heritage@virgin.net
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage