Excel/excel get bacnk the % amount

Question
QUESTION: Sir I have the figure let 110 that is already added 10% which formula can give 100 speratey and 10 seprately i mane to say that after geting result my main figure i.e remail the same.

thank you in advance for help

ANSWER: Hello Sandi,

Thank you for your question.

If I have understood your question correctly, you have a number that has 10% added into it already and you are wanting to determine the original number before the 10% was added to it.  Is that correct?  If so, the formula below will provide the answer you desire.

This is really more of a math question than an Excel question, but Excel can calculate the answer for you.

If the number with the 10% added to it is in A1, then this formula will calculate the original amount before the 10% was added to it: =A1/1.1.

To determine the 10% that was added to the amount in A1, use this formula: =A1/11.

For example if your number is 110, then the first formula will give you the answer of 100, which was the number before the 10% was added to it, and the second formula will give you the answer of 10, which was the amount added to the original number.

I hope this helped.  

Thanks,

David

QUESTION: Dear sir,

Thank u for your help i am fail to calculate different type %age values 15%,25%,35,48% etc by same formula kindly advice

thank you once again

Answer
Hello Sandi,

For different percentages use this formula:

For 15%: =A1/1.15
For 25%: =A1/1.25
For 35%: =A1/1.35
For 48%: =A1/1.48

You should see a pattern here.  Take the number and divide it by 1.xx, where xx is the percentage.  For example, for 33%, divide the number by 1.33.

Hope this helped.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

David W. Cofer