Excel/excel formula 101

Question
Please tell me what this formula is doing with cell 15.
=+15/(sqrt(3))

Answer
the formula =+15/(sqrt(3)) (though the plus isn't needed nor the double brackets) is dividing 15 by the SQuareRooT of 3 (in other words = 15/1.732050808)

It's doing nothing with any cell contents though aas 15 is a number not a cell reference - if it was I5/sqrt(3) then it would be whatever is in I5 divided by the square root of 3
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage